- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Lone SC bench to hear appeals from today
Acting Chief Justice Abdul Wahhab Miah on Wednesday reconstructed the bench of Appellate Division of the Supreme Court.
As per the new decision, one Appellate Division bench, instead of two, will hear appeals from today (Wednesday), said court sources.
Led-by the acting CJ, the other members of the lone appeal bench are Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain, Justice Muhammad Imman Ali, Justice Hasan Foez Siddique and Justice Mirza Hussain Haider.
Prior to that, two benches conducted judicial function in the Appellate Division bench.
One of the three-member bench led-by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha while another three-member bench was led-by Justice Abdul Wahhab Miah.
Following one month leave of the CJ, the Appellate Division has five justices.