- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Lone SC bench to hear appeals from today
Acting Chief Justice Abdul Wahhab Miah on Wednesday reconstructed the bench of Appellate Division of the Supreme Court.
As per the new decision, one Appellate Division bench, instead of two, will hear appeals from today (Wednesday), said court sources.
Led-by the acting CJ, the other members of the lone appeal bench are Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain, Justice Muhammad Imman Ali, Justice Hasan Foez Siddique and Justice Mirza Hussain Haider.
Prior to that, two benches conducted judicial function in the Appellate Division bench.
One of the three-member bench led-by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha while another three-member bench was led-by Justice Abdul Wahhab Miah.
Following one month leave of the CJ, the Appellate Division has five justices.