- Islami Bank opens 331st branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh
- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
Happy Birthday, Mashrafe
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, the skipper of Bangladesh ODI team, has turned 34 today (Thursday).
He was born in Narail district on October 5, 1983.
Mashrafe, popularly known as the Narail Express, broke into the national side in 2001 against Zimbabwe and became a sensation immediately.
He was then arguably the fastest bowler for the country.
Later, through the turmoil of an injury-prone career, he established himself as the leading bowler for Bangladesh. Injury caused him to miss out on playing the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
Mashrafe is one of the most successful captains ever in the history of Bangladesh cricket and has led the side to many heroic victories under his tenure.
The right-arm pacer has played 36 Tests for Bangladesh, taking 78 scalps and as many as 232 wickets in 128 One-Day Internationals and 42 wickets in T20Is for Bangladesh.
He was also the former T-20 captain.