- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
Happy Birthday, Mashrafe
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, the skipper of Bangladesh ODI team, has turned 34 today (Thursday).
He was born in Narail district on October 5, 1983.
Mashrafe, popularly known as the Narail Express, broke into the national side in 2001 against Zimbabwe and became a sensation immediately.
He was then arguably the fastest bowler for the country.
Later, through the turmoil of an injury-prone career, he established himself as the leading bowler for Bangladesh. Injury caused him to miss out on playing the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
Mashrafe is one of the most successful captains ever in the history of Bangladesh cricket and has led the side to many heroic victories under his tenure.
The right-arm pacer has played 36 Tests for Bangladesh, taking 78 scalps and as many as 232 wickets in 128 One-Day Internationals and 42 wickets in T20Is for Bangladesh.
He was also the former T-20 captain.