- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Hundi trader arrested with $22,500 at Benapole
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested a suspected Hundi trader along with $22,500 from Benapole check-post here on Wednesday.
Tipped off, a team of BGB-49 waylaid Mahmudul Hasan, 34, son of Abdul Aziz of Netrakona district and recovered $22,500 after searching his bag, said lieutenant colonel Ariful Haq.
Later, the BGB men arrested him and sent to Benapole Port Police Station.