- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Hundi trader arrested with $22,500 at Benapole
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested a suspected Hundi trader along with $22,500 from Benapole check-post here on Wednesday.
Tipped off, a team of BGB-49 waylaid Mahmudul Hasan, 34, son of Abdul Aziz of Netrakona district and recovered $22,500 after searching his bag, said lieutenant colonel Ariful Haq.
Later, the BGB men arrested him and sent to Benapole Port Police Station.