- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Chief Justice now at his govt residence: Acting CJ
Acting Chief Justice Abdul Wahhab Miah on Thursday said that he had inquired about the health condition of the Chief Justice and he is now at his government residence.
He came up with the assertion when senior lawyers of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) placed a petition before him asking about the condition of Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha.
Following the petition placed by SCBA President Advocate Zainul Abedin, the acting Chief Justice has requested them to meet Chief Justice at his chamber citing that it is not the matter of court.
The acting CJ, who is leading the five-member Appellate Division bench, said, “We are bound by law. We came to know that the CJ went on leave due to his illness. So, as a senior most, I am discharging duty.”
Former president of SCBA Barrister Moinul Hossain, Advocate Khandaker Mahbub Hossian, AJ Mohammad Ali, Barrister Moudud Ahmed, former Justice Khademul Islam, Nazrul Islam Chowdhury, Advocate Subrata Chowdhury and Barrister Mahbub Uddin Khokon, were, among others, present.