- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
PM returns home Saturday
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will return home on Saturday morning wrapping up her three-week visit to the United States and the United Kingdom.
"A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage is scheduled to depart from Heathrow International Airport in London at 6:20pm local time (Bangladesh time 11:20pm) today (Friday)," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine will see the Prime Minister off at the airport.
The flight is scheduled to arrive at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 9:25am on Saturday.
Awami League will accord a mass reception to the Prime Minister and the party president on her return.
The leaders and workers of Awami League and its associate bodies will greet their beloved leader standing on both sides of roads from the airport to Ganobhaban, PM’s official residence.
Wrapping up her 16-day official visit to the USA, Hasina left Washington on Monday for London on her way back home.
She went to New York on September 17 to join the 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
The Prime Minister travelled to the US capital from New York on September 22 after attending the UN's annual event.
After staying in Washington for a week, she was scheduled to return home on October 2 via London.
But the date was deferred as the Prime Minister underwent a gallbladder surgery at a Washington hospital on September 25.