- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Mother, son electrocuted in Khagrachhari
A woman and her son were electrocuted and three of their family members were injured at Betchhari area of Dighinala upazila on Friday night.
The deceased were identified as Kalamile Chakma, 45, and her son Satyajiban Chakma.
Parban Chakma, on-duty doctor of Dighinala Health Complex, said that Kalamile and her son were electrocuted around 11:30 pm after a live electric wire snapped on the roof of their house, leaving him dead on the spot.
Three of their family members received injuries in the incident.