- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Mother, son electrocuted in Khagrachhari
A woman and her son were electrocuted and three of their family members were injured at Betchhari area of Dighinala upazila on Friday night.
The deceased were identified as Kalamile Chakma, 45, and her son Satyajiban Chakma.
Parban Chakma, on-duty doctor of Dighinala Health Complex, said that Kalamile and her son were electrocuted around 11:30 pm after a live electric wire snapped on the roof of their house, leaving him dead on the spot.
Three of their family members received injuries in the incident.