- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
2 Rohingyas killed, 18 missing as boat sinks in Cox’s Bazar
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
Two Rohingyas were killed and 18 others went missing as a boat carrying the Myanmar nationals, who were fleeing into Bangladesh from Rakhine State, capsized in the Naf River in Teknaf upazila on Sunday night.
Officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station Mainuddin Khan said the overcrowded boat sank in the Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:30pm.
Two bodies were recovered while eight Rohingyas were rescued after the boat capsize, he said, adding that 18 still remained missing.
He also said members of Coast Guard and Border Guard Bangladesh were conducting a rescue operation.
Local Awami League leader Sona Ali said the Rohingyas were entering Bangladesh from Naikkhondia of Rakhine.