- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
2 Rohingyas killed, 18 missing as boat sinks in Cox’s Bazar
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
Two Rohingyas were killed and 18 others went missing as a boat carrying the Myanmar nationals, who were fleeing into Bangladesh from Rakhine State, capsized in the Naf River in Teknaf upazila on Sunday night.
Officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station Mainuddin Khan said the overcrowded boat sank in the Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:30pm.
Two bodies were recovered while eight Rohingyas were rescued after the boat capsize, he said, adding that 18 still remained missing.
He also said members of Coast Guard and Border Guard Bangladesh were conducting a rescue operation.
Local Awami League leader Sona Ali said the Rohingyas were entering Bangladesh from Naikkhondia of Rakhine.