- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
At least 12 Rohingya people, including five children, died as a boat carrying them capsized in the Naf River in Teknaf upazila on Sunday night.
Six men, an elderly woman and five children are among the deceased, according to the local police station.
Officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station Mainuddin Khan said due to rough weather, the overcrowded boat sank in the Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:30 pm.
10 more bodies were recovered from Gholar Char area, near to Shah Parir Dwip jetty in the morning, he said.
Earlier on Sunday night, two Rohingyas were killed and 18 others went missing in the boat capsize.
A total of 143 Rohingya people, who were fleeing into Bangladesh from Rakhine State, died in several incidents of boat capsize in Bay so far, he added.
Local Awami League leader Sona Ali said the Rohingyas were entering Bangladesh from Naikkhondia of Rakhine.