- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Jamaat's acting ameer Mojibur Rahman, secy general ATM Masud
Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami appointed its Nayeb-e Ameer and former MP Mojibur Rahman as its Acting Ameer and Assistant Secretary General Maulana ATM Masud as acting secretary general on Tuesday.
The party has taken the decision under its constitution following arrest of its Ameer Makbul Ahmed and secretary general Dr Shafiqur Rahman, said a press release on Tuesday evening signed by M Alam of central publicity division of the party.
The party’s decision was taken soon after a Dhaka court put nine of their top leaders, including the Ameer and secretary general on a 10-day remand in two cases filed against them with Kadamtali Police Station.
Earlier on Monday night, detectives arrested Jamaat Ameer Maqbul Ahmad, its Nayeb-e-Ameer Mia Golam Parwar, also a former MP from Khulna-5 constituency, Secretary General Dr Shafiqur Rahman and six other party leaders from the city’s Uttara area.
A team of Detective Branch of police arrested them from a house at Road-3 of Sector-11 while they were allegedly holding a clandestine meeting.