- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Construction of Metro-rail to be visible in 6 months: Obaidul
Construction of the Dhaka Metro Rail will become visible within next six months, according to Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader.
The minister said this while inspecting the construction work of the 20 km-long metro rail project in capital’s Uttara on Wednesday.
“At least 10-12 percent work of the Metro Rail project has been already completed. After the militant attack in Holey Artisan the project work remained suspended for six months but now it’s running again in full swing,” he said.
The minister was hoping that the first phase of the project from Uttara to Agargaon will be completed in 2019 and the whole route will be open for commuters in 2020.
Regarding the Jamaat-sponsored hartal on Thursday, Quader warned that Jamaat will face a harsh response if they commit any anarchy in the name of hartal.
Construction of the Dhaka Metro Rail project financed by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) started in mid 2016.