- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Bangladesh crushed out of Asia Cup
India reached the Super-4s of the eight-team Hero 10th Men’s Asia Cup Hockey as the 1st team eliminating hosts Bangladesh by 7- 0 goals in a Pool A match at Maulana Bhashani National Hockey Stadium on Friday.
Harmanpreet Singh scored two -- by a penalty stroke in the 28th and a penalty corner goal in the 46th minutes. Gurjant Singh, Akashdeep Singh, Lalit Upadhyay and Amit Rohidas scored one field goal each while Ramandeep Singh added one penalty corner goal in the 7th, 10th, 13th, 20th and 47th minutes respectively.
India collected all-win six points from two encounters and top of the Pool A table, starting their campaign with a 5-1 victory against Japan in the tournament opener before crushing bottom-run Bangladesh.
Bangladesh lost their 1st game also by 0-7 margin to three-time champions Pakistan which played 2-2 draw against Japan today to secure the 2nd spot in the table with unbeaten 4 points.