- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Sajeda’s motorcade attacked in Faridpur
The motorcade of Deputy Leader of the House Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury came under attack during a factional clash of Awami League in Talma Bazar area of Nagarkanda upazila on Friday afternoon, leaving five people injured.
Officer-in-charge of Nagarkanda Police Station FM Nasim said the followers of upazila AL joint secretary Advocate Md Jamal Hossain Miah and Ayman Akbar Bablu Chowdhury, son of Sajeda Chowdhury, locked into the clash over tearing of posters of Jamal Miah’s father and damaging an archway.
A chase and counter-chase took place during the melee.
At one stage, Jamal’s supporters started throwing brick chips at the motorcade of Sajeda while it was crossing the area.
The attackers vandalised three cars of the motorcade, leaving five people, including the OC, injured.
However, the deputy leader escaped the attack unhurt.
Police arrested three people from the spot.