- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Ex-Notre Dame College principal Benjamin Costa passes away
First acting Vice-chancellor of Notre Dame University Bangladesh and former Notre Dame College Principal Father Benjamin Costa CSC passed away at a city hospital here on Friday. He was 75.
He breathed his last at City Hospital after suffering from respiratory problems and pneumonia, said a press release.
Father Benjamin was taken to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore a week ago for better treatment and he returned home shortly before his death.
A funeral mass will be celebrated on Saturday at Ramna Cathedral at 9am with Cardinal Patrick D’Rozario presiding.
Another memorial mass will be held at Tejgoan Church at 1pm on the day and the burial will follow at the Holy Cross Community cemetery in Badhun at 4pm.
His many years as Principal of Notre Dame College in Dhaka and his service as the first acting VC of Notre Dame University Bangladesh have made an incalculable contribution to education and human development, especially among the young people of Bangladesh.