- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Khaleda to return home Oct 18
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia is going to return home on Wednesday, after her three-month visit to the United Kingdom.
She will reach Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 5:40 pm by an Emirates Airlines flight, her media wing member Sayrul Kabir Khan told UNB on Saturday night.
He said BNP leaders and activists will receive Khaleda at the airport on her arrival.
Earlier in the day, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhurl Islam Alamgir said Khaleda will return home this week completing her medical treatment in London.
“She (Khaleda) will return home very soon. I hope she is coming home this week,” the BNP leader said while talking to reporters at the party’s Nayapaltan central office.
He, however, did not give the specific date of her homecoming.
Meanwhile, a court in Comilla and two others here issued warrants for Khaleda’s arrest last week in three separate cases.
Khaleda on July 15 went to London for receiving medical treatment and spending time with her family members there.
The BNP chief on August 8 underwent a successful eye surgery at a hospital in London. She also celebrated Eid-ul Azha with her family members there.