- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Indian goods seized at Benapole
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) seized huge Indian saree, girl’s three-pieces and import-banned medicines worth Tk 20 lakh from Sadipur border under Benapole Port Police Station on Sunday night.
Tipped-off, a team of BGB conducted a drive in the frontier area and found the Indian contraband worth Tk 20 lakh in abandoned condition, said Lt Col Ariful Haque, commanding officer of BGB-49 battalion.
The seized goods were later deposited to Benapole Custom warehouse.
A case was filed.