- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Woman dies for 'medical negligence' after childbirth
A woman lost her life after giving birth to a baby girl at Panchagarh Sadar Hospital in the district town on Sunday night.
Following the death of Yasmin Akter, 20, wife of Md Shishir, a resident of Panbora village in Atwari upazila, relatives tried to assault doctors and on-duty ward boys.
On information, police rushed in and brought the situation under control.
Family members said Yasmin had given birth to a healthy baby girl in the hospital on Friday and was recovering normally.
But her condition started to deteriorate due to excessive bleeding on Sunday. And she died several hours later, they added.
Her relatives alleged that Yasmin died at the hospital due to medical negligence as the physicians did not pay heed to the repeated call from the patient who complained with post-partum haemorrhage.
Later, Shishir filed a written complaint to the civil surgeon bringing allegation of medical negligence against doctors and staffers.
Contacted, Panchagarh Civil Surgeon Dr Pitambar Roy said he had received a written complaint in this regard.
“A probe body will be formed soon to investigate into the incident and departmental action would be taken against alleged persons if evidence found,” he warned.