- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
Amid concerns of further exodus, over 5,000 more displaced Rohingya people have intruded into Bangladesh since early Monday through Anjumanpara in Palongkhali union of Ukhia upazila fleeing from persecution in Myanmar.
“More than 5,000 Rohingyas intruded in the country this morning,” said a UP member of Palongkhali union.
They have fled from Buchidong and Rashidong in Rakhine state of Myanmar, the UP member told UNB’s local correspondent.
Abul Khayer, officer-in-charge of Ukhia Police Station, said that around 4,000 Rohingya people entered in Bangladesh in the morning.
Besides, the local journalists claimed that more than 10,000 people crossed the Naf river and till now they are crossing.