- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) will interrogate managing director of Labaid Group AM Shamim on Thursday in connection with the allegations of taking extra charge from patients and acquiring illegal wealth by the hospital.
On Monday, the Commission served a notice upon Shamim asking him to be present at the ACC head office at 9 am on Thursday to face questions, an ACC top official said.
ACC deputy director Md Shamsul Alam will interrogate him.
According to the allegations received by the national anti-graft body, Labaid Group took loans from a number of commercial banks showing fake documents.
Besides, there are allegations that Labaid Properties, a concern of Labaid Group, collected money from its customers in many ways and transferred it to other companies of the Group, violating rules.
There is also an allegation against Labaid Group AM Shamim that he siphoned off money to Singapore and Malaysia to buy multi-storey apartments.