- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested an Indian citizen along with 18 gold bars from Ghiba border area here early Tuesday.
The arrestee was identified as Srabon Biswas, 50, son of Dhirendranath Biswas, hailing from Uttar Chabbish Pargana in West Bengal.
Ariful Haque, commanding officer of BGB-49 battalion, said that a team of BGB arrested Srabon from the area in the early morning along with the gold bars worth Tk 86 lakh.
Later, he was handed over to Benapole Port Police Station.
A case was filed.