- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Nat’l Shooting: Ankhi wins gold medal with national record
Ardina Ferdous Ankhi of Kushtia Rifles Club won her 2nd gold medal in the ongoing Priyo Prangan 29th National Shooting Championship clinching women’s 25-metre sports pistol title at the National Shooting Complex in Gulshan on Tuesday.
Ankhi, who earned her maiden gold medal in the national meet in the women’s 10-metre air pistol on Sunday last, lifted her 2nd gold scoring 556 points to better previous mark of 544 made by Kanij Chowdhury Sweety in 2013.
Results of the day’s events are:
Women’s 25-metre sports pistol: gold- Ardina Ferdous Ankhi (Kushtia Rifles Club), silver- Miti Dewan (Dhaka Rifles Club), bronze-Cynthia Naznin Tumpa (Army Shooting Association).
Women’s junior 25-metre sports pistol: gold –Turin Dewan (BKSP SC), silver-Marzan Akhter (Army SA) and bronze- Nilufa Yesmin (BKSP SC).
Women’s 50-metre rifles prone: gold- Sharmin Shilpa (Narayanganj Rifles Club), silver – Atkia Hasan Disa (Army SA), bronze-Umme Zakia Sultana Tumpa (Dhaka RC).
Women’s junior 50-metre rifles prone: gold – Mayeda Momtahina (Army SA Silver-Nupur Akhter (Army SA), Nafisa Tabassum (BKSP SC).
Skeet: gold- SM Sabbir (Army SA), silver- Iqbal Islam (Comilla Rifles Club) and bronze-Altamas Kabir (Dhaka RC).