- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Buet to host local edition of Hult Prize
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) is going to host a local edition of Hult Prize, 2018, and this year the challenge is “Transform: Harnessing the Power of Energy”.
The Hult Prize is the largest competition for students around the globe for creation of social businesses which awards one million US dollars as a start up funding to the team with the most prominent solution of one of the world’s roughest challenge, said a press release.
The first round of this year’s competition took place on Thursday where around 150 contestants from 69 teams participated, who were challenged both individually and as a group.
At the very beginning, Professor Dr. Md. Rezwan Khan, the Vice Chancellor of United International University (UIU) and former faculty of Buet, conducted a fruitful workshop on the latest President’s challenge.
After a careful scrutiny of the judging panel, among 70 teams 40 teams were selected for the online submission round and proceed further.