- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Bourses see upbeat in early trading
The prices of most of the shares on both bourses - Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) – witnessed upward trend in early hour of trading on Wednesday, the 4th session of the week.
The DSE benchmark index, DSEX gained 8.88 points or 0.14 percent to 6,181.79 at 11:51 am.
The two other indices at DSE also edged higher till then. The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) went up by 1.85 points or 0.13 percent to 1367.87.
The DS30 index, comprising blue chips, also advanced 2.62 points or 0.11 percent to stand at 2,201.23 points.
Of the issues traded, 127 gained, 126 declined and 57 remained unchanged.
Shares worth Tk 2326.18 million changed hands till then at the DSE.
NBL was the most traded stocks with shares worth Tk 148.65 million changing hands followed by UTTARABANK, RUPALIBANK and SUMMITPOWER.
The port city bourse – Chittagong Stocks Exchange (CSE) – also witnessed a downward trend in the early with its Selective Category Index gaining 7.94 points to 11587.94 at 11:46 am.
Of the issues 251 traded till then, 55 gained, 77 declined and 24 remained unchanged with a turnover value of 112.04 million.