- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
District administration slapped section 144 at Bharnia in Ranisangkail upazila of the district on Friday afternoon to fend off any untoward incident following a clash between two groups of villagers that injured at least seven people.
Officer-in-charge of Ranisngkail Police Station Abdul Mannan said the clash ensured between two groups of villagers during an arbitration.
Later police rushed to the spot and controlled the situation.
Police also arrested six people, including a local BNP leader, from the spot. Additional police have been deployed in the area to avert further trouble.