- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Khaleda to visit Rohingyas
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia is going to Cox’s Bazar on Sunday to visit the Rohingyas who have taken shelter there, in the face of persecution in their own country Myanmar.
The decision was taken at a meeting of BNP standing committee members on Monday night, a BNP leader who was present at the parley told UNB wishing anonymity.
As per the BNP policymakers’ decision, he said Khaleda will start her journey for Cox’s Bazar on Saturday and she will stay overnight in Chittagong on Saturday night.
Then on Sunday morning, the BNP leader said their chairperson will go to Cox’s Bazar from Chittagong and visit the Rohingya camps.
Earlier the BNP policymakers held a meeting at BNP’s chairperson’s Gulshan office with Khaleda in the chair.
The meeting which began around 8:40pm ended around 10:15pm.
However there was no media briefing after the meeting.
BNP chairperson’s media wing member Shamsuddin Didar said party’s secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir will disclose the decisions of the meeting on Tuesday at a press conference at BNP’s Naya Paltan central office.
Khaleda for the first time attended her office through holding the meeting with party policymakers since she returned home from the UK.
On October 18, Khaleda returned home from London after over a three-month stay there.