- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
BCL leader among 6 sued for rape in Sirajganj
A rape case was filed on Tuesday with the district Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal against six people including a local leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) on charge of raping a school girl.
Taking cognisance of the case, Judge of the tribunal Shahidul Islam ordered Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to look into the matter.
According to the case statement, Riad Hossain, vice president of Sirajganj district unit of BCL, met the victim around seven months back when he went to Daulatpur High School in Belkuchi upazila to form a school unit BCL committee.
The victim got a post in the school BCL committee.
However, Riad developed a relationship with the girl and had physical relationship several times promising her to marry.
When the victim put pressure on Riad to get married as early as possible, the BCL leader beat up the girl on October 13.
Following this, she informed the matter to her parents.
Later, victim’s parents went to Belkuchi Police Station to file a case in this connection when Riad along with his gang beat up the victim and her father in front of police.
On Tuesday, victim’s father filed the case with the tribulan against Riyad Hossain,25, son of Rakib Uddin, a resident of Charkhashia village in Belkuchi upazila, Arman Hossain,26, son of Mintu, a resident of Charchala village, Al-Amin Hossain, son of Fazlul Haque, Rubel Sheikh, son of late Sona Ullah of the same village, Ratan Sheikh, son of Momin Sheikh, a resident of Kolagachhi village, Pappu, son of Nimai, a resident of Garamasi village.
Contacted, officer-in-charge of Belkuchi Police Station Sajjad Hossain said he had no idea about the matter.