- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Tarana for facing cyber crime globally
Noting that cyber crime is the largest challenge in the modern world, State Minister for Posts and Telecommunications Tarana Halim on Tuesday said it should be dealt with globally.
Inaugurating the three-day 8th APT Cyber Security Forum (CSF-8) in a city hotel, she urged the international community to secure safe internet for all.
She also called for amending the policies of social media considering the economic and social conditions of the user countries.
Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) and Posts and Telecommunications Division jointly organised the programme under initiation of Asia Pacific Telecommunity (ATP).
Posts and Telecommunications Division Secretary Shyam Sundar Sikdar was a special guest at the inaugural session where BTRC Chairman Dr Shahjahan Mahmood delivered the inaugural speech.
Over 100 delegations of 14 member countries, including India, China, Korea, Malaysia, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Cambodia Thailand and Vietnam, are taking part in the forum.