- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Possible to recover entire stolen amount: BB governor
The complete amount of the stolen reserve money of Bangladesh Bank will be recovered after conclusion of the judicial case in this connection, said Bangladesh Bank governor Fazle Kabir on Wednesday.
After attending a discussion programme at Club Road in Barisal he said “It is possible to recover the complete amount of the remaining stolen reserve money after completion of the judicial case.”
In February 2016, hackers stole USD 101m from Bangladesh Bank’s account with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
USD 20 million was later traced to Sri Lanka and USD 81 million to the Philippines.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York blocked the remaining transactions, amounting to USD 850 million.
The government has so far recovered US$ 34.63 million against the US$ 101 million.