- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Bangladesh U19 football team leave for Tajikistan
Bangladesh Under-19 football team left for Tajikistan on Friday to play the AFC Under-19 Championship Qualifiers 2019, starting on October 29.
Including eight officials, a 31-member Bangladesh side boarded on Dubai FZ-584 flight which took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at around 11:35am.
Bangladesh will start their qualifying campaign in the meet taking on Tajikistan in the five-team Group B match which is scheduled to be held at Hisor Central Stadium on Tuesday.
In the remaining matches at the same venue, Bangladesh will face Maldives, Uzbekistan and Sri Lanka on November 2, 6 and 8 respectively for their qualifying berth.
To qualify for the final tournament Bangladesh must become a group champion or have to be one of the five best runners-up of the 10 qualifying groups.
Bangladesh U19 team: Tutul Hossain Badsha, Saikat Mahmud, Monir Alam, Osai Mong Marma, Biplo Ahmed, Mahbubur Rahman, Mohammad Atikuzzaman, Md Shadhin, Isa Faysal, Jafar Iqbal, Riyadul Hasan, Rahim Uddin, Rahmat Mia, Pappu Hossain, Zahid Hasan Linkcon, Mahfuz Hasan Pritom, Bishwanath Ghosh, Anik Ghosh, Sohanur Rahman, Abu Shahed, Arifur Rahman, Monir Hossain and Foysal Ahmed Fahim.
Officials: Mahbub Hossain (head coach), Andrew Ord (technical advisor), John David Whittle (goalkeeping coach), Amirul Islam Babu (team manager), Shazib Shams Bakshi (physio), Mozzamal Hossain (media officer), Oishik Rahman Siddiqi (interpreter) and Md Mohsin (Kitman).