- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Nat’l TT: Ansar clinch women’s team-event title
Bangladesh Ansar & VDP team clinched the women’s team-event title of the 37th National Senior Table Tennis Championship beating Bangladesh Army by straight 3-0 sets in the final at Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Indoor Stadium on Friday.
Soma and Mou played for Ansar team while Rumi and Rahima for the Army team in the final.
Meanwhile, Rahima of the Army team reached the final of the Women’s single-event beating Ankia Bashu of Magura by straight 3-0 sets in the semifinal.
Shahed of Narail District team and Nasir of Panchagarh District team confirmed their semifinal berths eliminating Sabbir of Rangpur District team and Badal of Narail District team respectively.
Including 60 women, a total of 180 players from 45 different teams are taking part in the seven events – Men’s team and singles events, Women’s team and singles events, Men’s doubles and Women’s doubles events and Mixed doubles events.