- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
2 men jailed over recovery of 50,000 textbooks in Faridpur
A mobile court here sentenced two men to one month jail each in connection with recovery of 50,000 government textbooks from a warehouse adjacent to Mollabari road in the municipality area on Thursday night.
The convicts were Md Arman Sheikh, 31 and Md Aken Khan, 52.
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in a drive arrested three people along with the textbooks from the warehouse around 11pm.
Rois Uddin, acting commanding officer of Rab-8, said on secret information, a team of Rab raided ‘Bhandhari Paper House’ and arrested them.
Later, two of them-Sheikh and Aken-were produced before the mobile court led by executive magistrate Sajal Kumar Sheel which awarded them jail term.
The mobile court also directed secondary and higher education officer of the district to file a case against another arrestee Shahin Hawlader, 45, as he is an employee of the education office.