- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Jamaat ameer held in Bagerhat
Police , in a drive, arrested an ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami from Rampal Chalker Matt area on charge of planning sabotage early Saturday.
The arrestee was identified as Sheikh Abu Naser, 55, ameer of Rampal upazila unit Jamaat and also former chairman of Bouramva union parishad.
Tipped off that some leaders-activists of Jamaat and Islami Chhatra Shibir are holding clandestine meeting for carrying out sabotage, a team of police conducted the drive and arrested Abu Naser.
Some 30/35 other leaders and activists of Jamaat and Shibir managed to flee the spot, said Skeikh Lutfar Rahman, officer-in charge of Rampal police station.
The arrestee is being interrogated at the police station. The process is underway to file a case against him. He was also accused in another case filed with the police station, he said.