- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Khaleda’s Cox’s Bazar-bound convoy comes under attack
The convoy of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia, heading towards Cox’s Bazar, came under attack at Mohammad Ali Bazar near Feni district town on Saturday.
When Khaleda Zia’s vehicle crossed the bazaar around 4:45pm, a group of unruly people attacked the vehicles of her convoy, witnesses said.
They damaged a number of vehicles, including microbuses of Channel I, DBC, Ekattor and Baishakhi televisions and beat several journalists and leaders and activists of BNP who were going with Zia.
However, Khaleda Zia reached Feni Circuit House safely around 5pm.
After taking launch and rest their, she will resume her journey for Chittagong.
Earlier, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia started her journey for Chittagong in the morning as she has embarked on a four-day tour of Cox’s Bazar to visit the Rohingyas who have taken shelter there in the face of persecution in their own