- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Khaleda heading to Ukhia from Cox’s Bazar
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Monday resumed her journey to visit Rohingya camps in Ukhia upazila.
She will distribute relief materials among the Myanmar’s displaced nationals sheltered here.
The BNP chief started her journey for Ukhia from Cox’s Bazar Circuit House around 11:20 am.
She will visit three Rohingya camps at Moinar Ghona, Hakim Para, Balukhali and a medical camp set up by pro-BNP physicians’ body, Doctors’ Association of Bangladesh (DAB) in Ukhia.
Earlier, BNP standing committee members, Mirza Abbas and Nazrul Islam Khan handed over relief materials loaded in 45 trucks to the army camp on behave of Khaleda Zia around 9:00 am.
Moreover, the BNP chief will hand over food, other goods, medicine for Rohingya children and lactating mothers to the DAB medical camp to distribute those among them.
After visiting the camps, she will return to Chittagong later in the evening.
Khaleda Zia arrived in Cox’s Bazar Circuit House from Chittagong on Sunday and stayed over night there.
On Saturday morning, Khaleda set out for Chittagong and her Cox’s Bazar-bound convoy came under attack at Mohammad Ali Bazar near Feni district town in the afternoon.
She is scheduled to return to Dhaka on Tuesday after her overnight stay at Chittagong Circuit House on Monday.
The BNP chief last visited Cox's Bazar in 2012 after attacks on Buddhists at Ramu.