- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Khaleda reaches Ctg from Cox’s Bazar
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia reached here on Monday night after visiting Rohingyas camps in Cox’s Bazar’s Ukhia upazila.
Starting her journey from Cox’s Bazar circuit house around 7:30pm, the BNP chief arrived at Chittagong circuit house around 11:35pm.
She will stay overnight at the circuit house and will start for Dhaka on Tuesday.
Earlier in the day, she visited three Rohingya camps at Moynargona, Hakimpara and Balukhali, and a medical camp set up by pro-BNP physicians’ body Doctors’ Association of Bangladesh (DAB) in Ukhia.
She also handed over food, other goods and medicines to the DAB medical camp to distribute those among the Rohingya children and lactating mothers.
On Saturday morning, Khaleda set out for Chittagong from Dhaka and her Cox’s Bazar-bound convoy came under an attack at Mohammad Ali Bazar near Feni district town in the afternoon.
The BNP chief last visited Cox's Bazar in 2012 after the attacks on Buddhists in Ramu.