- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
JSC, JDC exams begin Wednesday
This year’s Junior School Certificate (JSC) and Junior Dakhil Certificate (JDC) examinations will begin on Wednesday.
A total of 2,090,277 students -- 971,336 males and 1,118,941 females – will sit for the JSC examination while 378,543 examinees -- 173,442 boys and 205,101 girls -- in the JDC examination, making it 2,468,820 in total.
Students from 28,628 educational institutions will appear at the examinations at 2,834 centres across the country.
Some 96,212 irregular students will take part in the JSC examination while 14,367 in the JDC and the number of special students in JSC is 87,697 while in JDC it is 11,770.
Besides, 959 students will sit for the JSC and JDC in nine overseas centres.
The examinations will end on November 18.
In 2016, a total of 2,412,775 examinees appeared at the JSC and JDC examinations.