- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Khaleda back in city
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia returned to the capital on Tuesday night completing her four-day tour to distribute relief materials among Rohingyas in Cox’s Bazar’s Ukhia upazila.
The BNP chief, who started her journey from Chittagong Circuit House around 2:10pm, reached her Gulshan residence around 8:50pm.
Meanwhile, unidentified miscreants torched two buses on Dhaka-Chittagong highway while the convoy of the BNP chairperson was passing through Mahipal in Feni.
Witnesses said the motorcade of Khaleda was passing by Nazir Ahmed Filling Station at Mahipal around 4:25 pm when some unidentified miscreants launched arson attacks on the two buses on the opposite side of the road.
However, no harm was reported to the BNP chairperson’s convoy. Several hundred JCD leaders on motorcycles guarded Khaleda’s vehicle from Feni’s Lemua to Fatehpur while crossing the area following Saturday’s attack on her convoy there.
Jatiyatabadi Swechchhasebak Dal and Jatiyatabdi Chhatra Dal announced demonstration programmes in all metropolitan cities, including Dhaka, and district towns.
Earlier on Monday, Khaleda visited three Rohingya camps at Moynargona, Hakimpara and Balukhali, and a medical camp set up by pro-BNP physicians’ body Doctors’ Association of Bangladesh (DAB) in Ukhia.
She also handed over food, other goods and medicines to the DAB medical camp to distribute those among the Rohingya children and lactating mothers alongside providing relief huge materials.
Returning to Chittagong around 11:35pm, she stayed overnight at the Chittagong Circuit House on Monday.
On Saturday morning, Khaleda set out for Chittagong from Dhaka and her Cox’s Bazar-bound convoy came under an attack at Mohammad Ali Bazar near Feni district town in the afternoon.