- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
‘No BD national among Manhattan attack victims’
No Bangladesh national was affected by the terror attack carried out in Manhattan of the US on Tuesday that killed eight people and injured 11 others.
Shameem Ahsan, Bangladesh Consul General in New York, told UNB on Wednesday that a source in the New York Police Department confirmed the fact.
Earlier on Tuesday, a man in a rented pickup truck mowed down pedestrians and cyclists along a busy bike path near the World Trade Center memorial, killing at least eight and seriously injuring 11 in what the mayor called “a particularly cowardly act of terror.”