- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
2 killed in Comilla road accident
Two people were killed and four others were injured in a road accident at Mobarakpur area on Dhaka-Chittagong highway in Daudkandi upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased were identified as Rasel Miah, 27, an auto-rickshaw driver of Bitman village of the upazila and Abu Miah, 60, a farmer of the same village.
Jibon Chandra Hazari, in-charge of Eliotganj highway police outpost said the accident took place in the area around 8:00pm when a Sonapur-bound Himachal Paribahan bus from Dhaka hits them and leaving Rasel dead on the spot and five others injured.
Later Abu Miah died on the way to a hospital in capital city Dhaka.
The injured were sent to Daudkandi upazila health complex where doctor referred them to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital in critical condition.
Police also seized the bus.
However the driver of the bus managed to flee the scene, Jibon Chandra said.