- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Madrasah student killed in B’baria attack
A madrasah student was stabbed to death and five people sustained injuries in an attack in Medda area of the district town on Sunday night over buying a mobile phone set.
The deceased was identified as Hridoy, 17, a student of Kitab department of Jamia Islamia Yunusia Madrasah in the town and son of Yunus Miah of the area.
Witnesses said Hridoy locked into an altercation with members of Jular Bari clan of the area around 8:30pm over buying a handset.
Later, they swooped on the boy and stabbed him.
Five of his family members and friends also received injuries when they tried to resist the attackers.
Locals rescued them and sent three of them, including Hridoy, to Brahmanbaria Sadar Hospital where doctors declared the boy dead.
The two other injured were sent to Dhaka for better treatment.
Rezaul Karim, additional police super (Sadar circle), said they launched a drive to arrest the killers.