- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Visiting US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Thomas A Shannon
Visiting US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Thomas A Shannon will meet BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia here on Monday morning.
The meeting is scheduled to be held at the BNP chief’s Gulshan office at 10:45am, her media wing member Shamsuddin Didar told UNB on Sunday night.
US Ambassador to Bangladesh Marcia Bernicat will also be present at the meeting, he said.
Didar said various issues relating to mutual interests of the two countries, Rohingya crisis and Bangladesh’s latest political situation are likely to come up for discussion at the meeting.
Shannon arrived here today with a US delegation to join the US-Bangladesh Partnership Dialogue and discuss bilateral, regional and global issues, including the Rohingya crisis, with government and non-government officials.
Besides, a Canadian parliamentary delegation is also scheduled to meet Khaleda at the same venue at 7:30pm on Monday.