- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Shipping Minister inaugurates dredging on Mongla to Pakshi route
Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan on Sunday inaugurated the dredging works for improving the navigability of river route from Mongla to Pakshi via Chandpur-Mawa-Goalanda to facilitate safe and easy transportation of heavy machinery from Chittagong and Mongla Port for setting up the Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant.
Shipping Minister inaugurate the dredging works at Paturia mini terminal area, said a PID handout.
Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) will implement the dredging project with Tk 895 crore improving the navigability of river route from Mongla to Pakshi via Chandpur-Mawa-Goalanda.
Under the project BIWTA will dredge the 450-kilometer portions of Padma, Ganga, Kocha, Swarupkati, Amtali, and Arial Khan rivers by June 2025.
Bangladesh Navy is the contractor organisation of the dredging project and they will dredge at least 350 cubic meters of silt of those rivers.
This River route will be dredged at least 100 meter wide and four meters (minimum in dry season) deep.