- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Govt handles Rohingya crisis efficiently, says Quader
Mentioning that the government has successfully handled the influx of around 6.5 lakh Rohingyas, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Sunday said the crisis will be resolved through diplomatic efforts.
“The Sheikh Hasina-led Awami League government wants to resolve the crisis through diplomatic efforts and pressure has been exerted on the Myanmar government to this end,” he said.
Quader, also AL general secretary, was receiving 5,500 units of solar panels for the Rohingyas refuges camps at a Cox’s Bazar hotel, said a PID handout.
Allama Fazlullah Foundation donated the solar panels.
The minister said the local people of Ukhia and Teknaf have sacrificed a lot to give shelter to Rohingyas. “It’s a glorious example of tolerance.”
Later, he distributed relief materials among the Rohingyas at Kutupalong and Balukhali camps on behalf of AL subcommittee on relief and social welfare.