- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
4-day Digital World to begin Dec 6
Country’s biggest ICT exposition “Digital World 2017” (DW17) is going to be held in Dhaka on December 6-9 next.
The ICT Division in association with Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC), Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) and Access to Information Programme (a2i) of the Prime Minister’s Office will organise the mega event with the theme: ‘Ready for Tomorrow.’
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to inaugurate the four-day exposition, said a press release on Monday.
About the Digital World 2017, State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said Bangladesh is now ready in every aspect of the ICT ecosystem. “Through the Digital World 2017, we’ll showcase our development to the local and international IT giants.”
He said this multi-facet exposition will be providing a platform to establish network with the local, regional and global IT-ITES industry leaders and experts with a view to sharing their best practices and experiences.
Over 200 spokespersons from top IT organisations, including Google and Nuans, will take part in various sessions of the exposition, said the press release.
This year’s exhibition will be composed of various major expositions and notable elements like e-Governance Expo, Software Showcasing and there will be more than 300 stalls and pavilions for IT exposition, 24 seminars, conferences and policy dialogues, ICT Career Camp which will occupy various zones and corners.