- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
4 JMB men get 12yrs jail
A court here on Monday sentenced four members of militant outfit Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh(JMB) to 12 years imprisonment each in a case filed under the Explosive Substances Act.
The convicts are Md Ishak Sheikh, Md Anas Ali, Md Rafikul Islam and Md Khalil Mia.
According to the case statement, the four were arrested during an anti-militant drive in a house at Pallabi in Mirpur along with huge bombs and bomb-making materials on August 2, 2017.
Sub-inspector Khandakar Md Mizanur Rahman of Rab-11 filed a case with Pallabi Police Station in this connection.
Dhaka Special Tribunal-7 Judge Nittanondo Sarkar handed down the verdict.