- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Now, DU Blue Panel teachers protest assault on proctor
A faction of Awami League-backed Blue Panel teachers of Dhaka University (DU) formed a human chain on the campus protesting the ‘assault’ on the university proctor, a day after another human chain demanded proctor’s removal.
Under the banner of ‘Dhaka University (DU) Teachers’ Society’, the human chain programme was held at the foot of Aparajeya Bangla.
Prof Dr Muhammad Samad, a teacher of the DU Institute of Social Welfare and Research, alleged that a section is trying to destablise the university.
“Assaulting the proctor is tantamount to an attack on Dhaka University as the proctor itself is an institution,” he said.
Prof Sadeka Halim, acting dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, former Proctor Prof Saiful Islam Khan and Prof Soumitra Shekhar also spoke on the occasion.
On Thursday evening, the Blue Panel teachers at a meeting engaged in a scuffle over criticism of the incumbent DU Vice-chancellor Prof M Akhtaruzzaman and immediate past VC Prof AAMS Arefin Siddique by two groups.
Another faction of Blue Panel teachers formed a human chain on the campus on Sunday protesting the assault on Prof Jamal Uddin allegedly by the proctor at the meeting.