- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
26 detained for illegally staying at Rohingya camp
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
Police in a drive detained at least 26 people, including five foreigners, from Kutupalong Rohingya camp in Ukhia upazila on Monday night for staying there without permission.
On secret information that some foreigners and local NGO men were staying illegally at the camp, a team of police, led by additional district magistrate Khaled Mahmud, conducted a drive there, said Mohammad Ali, deputy commissioner of Cox’s Bazar.
During the drive, they detained 26 people, he said, adding that the foreigners were released later after taking undertaking from them.