- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
9 DU BCL men expelled
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) has expelled nine activists of its AF Rahman Hall unit of Dhaka University (DU) for allegedly assaulting some members of DU Band Society (DUBS).
BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag and General Secretary SM Jakir Hossain expelled them early Monday for breaking the party disciplines, said a press release.
The expelled activists are Rabbi, Liton, Shafique, Ashik, Mahfuz Arafat, Jamil Hossain, Md Shahin, Zakir Hossain and Sheikh Shohel Mamun, all students of first year Honours courses at different departments.
The BCL activists allegedly assaulted DUBS secretary and some of its members on Sunday night.