- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Missing Gazipur schoolboy found dead in neighbour’s house
Police recovered the body of a school student, who went missing on Tuesday morning, from a neighbour’s house in Khan Para area in the city on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Sakib, son of Alal Miah, hailing from Birisiri in Durgapur upazila of Netrakona district. He used to live in a rented house with his parents at Khan Para.
Police said Sakib, a student of class III of a local school operated by Brac, went to his neighbour Riaz’s house around 11:00 am on Tuesday.
Sakib locked into an altercation with Riaz while watching television.
At one stage, Riaz strangulated Sakib to death and hid the body under his bed room.
On Wednesday, Riaz’s family members found Sakib’s body under the bed and informed police.
Later, police recovered the body and arrested Riaz in connection with the incident, said officer-in-charge of Tongi Police Station Firoz Talukdar.