- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Housewife burnt alive allegedly by husband
A man has allegedly burnt to death following an altercation at Boro village in Kamrangirchar area of Keraniganj early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Mitu, 26, wife of Jahangir Alam.
Police said Jahangir, a drug addict and stalker, beat up his wife following a altercation after having drugs and set her on fire pouring kerosene around 2:00 am, leaving her seriously burnt.
Later, she was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where duty doctor declared her dead. The body has been kept at morgue for autopsy.
Keraniganj Police Station officer-in-charge Shahin Fakir said they have not received any written complaint in this regard.
Legal action would be taken once a case was filed, the police official added.