News

Fire at Bogra jute mill doused

08 Nov,2017

 

Bogra, BdChronicle:

A fire, that broke out at a jute mill in Manik Chalk area in Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning, was doused.

Station master of Bogra Fire Service & Civil Defence Bazlur Rashid said that the fire originated at the warehouse of Khandaker Jute Mill around 9:30 am.

On information, four fire-fighting units rushed in and doused the flame after two hours of frantic efforts around 11:30 am.

No causalities were reported in the incident.

The fire originated from electric short circuit, said the station master.

The owner of the jute mill claimed that jute worth about Tk 3 crore were gutted in the fire.
 

More News