- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Fire at Bogra jute mill doused
A fire, that broke out at a jute mill in Manik Chalk area in Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning, was doused.
Station master of Bogra Fire Service & Civil Defence Bazlur Rashid said that the fire originated at the warehouse of Khandaker Jute Mill around 9:30 am.
On information, four fire-fighting units rushed in and doused the flame after two hours of frantic efforts around 11:30 am.
No causalities were reported in the incident.
The fire originated from electric short circuit, said the station master.
The owner of the jute mill claimed that jute worth about Tk 3 crore were gutted in the fire.